If you have bags or dark circles under your eyes, making you look like you’re behind on sleep, our medical providers at Skin Care Doctors can effectively diagnose and treat them to help you regain a refreshed appearance.
Who Gets Dark Circles & Under-Eye Bags?
Dark circles and under-eye bags can affect anyone, regardless of age, gender, or ethnicity. However, various factors can increase their likelihood of forming, such as:
- Genetics: If your parents or other family members have them, you may be more likely to develop them
- Aging: The skin around the eyes becomes thinner and loses its elasticity over time, making blood vessels and underlying fat more visible
- Allergies and sinus problems: Inflammation and swelling around the eyes can contribute to dark circles and under-eye bags
- Lifestyle factors: Poor sleep habits, stress, smoking, and excessive alcohol consumption can all play a role
- Medical conditions: Anemia and thyroid problems can cause a pale or sallow complexion, making them more noticeable