We have an exciting opportunity for an LPN / CMA at our Burnsville office.
Our physicians specialize in skin cancer surgery and surgical dermatology; medical and pediatric dermatology; cosmetic dermatology; and plastic & reconstructive surgery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare for the day’s activities by checking schedules and preparing rooms for patient use i.e. clean, organize and stock rooms with necessary equipment and supplies;
- Assist physicians with patient care and education;
- Provide direct assistance to physician with surgical, medical and cosmetic procedures such as excisions, Mohs surgery, biopsies, wart treatments, and dermal fillers;
- Opportunity for performing laser hair removal, photofacials, fractional and excimer laser treatments, photodynamic therapy and chemical peels
- Coordinate phototherapy (UVA and UVB) treatments;
- Instrument Processing;
- Scribe for physician using EHR system as needed;
- Communicate effectively with patients and co-workers in-person and over the phone;
- Graduate from a Practical Nursing program or Medical Assistant program with current licensure/certification
- Demonstrated ability or experience in patient flow management, medical assisting, and confidential management of patient health information
- Ability to use an EHR system
- Ability to provide services to patients in a warm, professional manner
- Clinic experience preferred